Skating by to wish you 'Peace, Love & joy'

Lots to do and loads to add to my blog but unfortunately I have been suffereing from a very bad headache which in turn is making my left eye 'wink'. Do not normally suffer from headaches - hangover heads in the past - but not real headaches. Suffice to say, it's knocked me for six. My concentration and ability to sit on a computer has been hampered, so my lovely family are helping out with my posts. This means that they won't be as long as normal ... phew I hear some of you say ... but at least I can share my projects.

A while back I was chatting with a group of people asking them for ideas as to how to become more organised with Christmas projects as I always seem to leave everything to 'last minute dot com' and then my Christmas cards have to be tweaked to become New years cards. I'm hoping I'm not the only crafter with this affliction ...! Anyhow, one lovely lady (Bella), suggested making in small batches so instead of making one of a design, make several. Blow me down with a feather, I followed the advice and now have a good stash of cards.

Below is one of the 'batch' cards I madefor my latest Spellbloggers post, using D-Lites Holiday Skates & Flakes dies from Spellbinders ...



I began by creating my background using Spellbinders 'It's Snowing' 3D shadow stamp, stamping first with Nuvo Hybrid Empire Blue and then over stamping in Nuvo Hybrid Clear and embossing in ultra fine white (new Nuvo product so watch this space). I inked the edges and mounted the panel on to glitter card. The sentiment was stamped over the embossing and whilst clear, isn't 'crisp' which does bug me a little. Sentiment stamps also from Spellbinders - Merry Christmas Holiday Stamps


Next using red glitter card, white card and silver textured card, I began a die cutting marathon and cut out my skates, layering the different elements on top of each other. The skates have been attached with red twine. As a finishing touch I've used Pearl White Nuvo drops to create the buttons.


The snowflakes have been cut from the same blue glitter card I used to mount my background, finished with a flatback pearl. Finally I mounted the panel on to my card base with 3D foam.


I have to say I really surprised myself as to how quick this card was to make and now fancy trying this design out on kraft card ... my new obsession (yet again).

Right better dash as have another post to dictate,

Lou
x x x


Products & links:


Quickly skating to join in with the following challenges:
A bit more time to craft - anything goes
Christmas Card Challenges - anything goes
Classic Design Team - anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - anything goes
Paper Creator - simply Christmas

#spellbinders   #spellbloggers   #neverstopmaking

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi your card is gorgeous. I hope you feel better soon. I suffer with headaches all the time so I know what it is like. Take care. Hugs Jackie
This is just gorgeous Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...
Love your skates!
Thanks for playing with us at CraftyHazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for September!
Monica - DT