Christmas dies but not on a Christmas card ...

Oh my what a few hours! In the time that it's taken me to type this post, I think here in Ireland we've had every season thrown at us in a very short space of time ... blue skies, sunshine & heat to torrential rain, winds & rapid temperature drops back to blue skies & sunshine. I'd settle for the dry bit just for now ...

I thought I'd share a card made using the Delicate Detail stamps stamped and coloured with my Nuvo Aqua Flow pens.


I always sketch out my ideas now before making as was finding that I'd suddenly be struck with inspiration but when I had time to make, the brilliant idea had vanished in the ether ...! For this card, I wanted to create a wreath effect but didn't want to use a circle as my guide. Whilst looking through my Tonic dies, I struck upon the Mistletoe Wreath die set and it was my crafty eureka moment. I cut out the wreath part (leaving it inside my card) and the die leaves a rectangular space in the sentiment which was perfect for stamping my sentiment.


Using Indigo Dawn & Evergreen Fern Aqua Flow pens, I stamped the Floral Flourish stamp three times, and whilst the ink was still wet, water coloured my images. These in turn were cut out. Next I stamped just the flower design multiple times (with Indigo Dawn) and again while the ink was wet, coloured. These too were cut out ready for my wreath to be assembled. Before adding all my elements I stamped the sentiment - Delicate Detail Simple Sentiments stamp set - in Metro grey hybrid ink.


Before assembling my wreath, I stamped the Vine Flourish (multiple times) with Fresh Green Aqua Flow pen, colouring images whilst ink was still wet. The heart elements on the stamp were coloured with Indigo Dawn. These again were cut out. Finally all my stamped and coloured images could be added to the Mistletoe Wreath. As a finishing touch, I added Nuvo Crystal Drops in Violet Galaxy and Sweet lilac.


I do love finishing different uses for my dies and where possible make them all year round and not just pigeon hole them for certain times of the year. Do you do that too and if so, which dies have you found more than one seasonal use for?

Right, off to pack a mini case to cover all the seasons of the day and get ready for a day out. Have a wonderful weekend whatever you are doing,

Lou
x x x


Products used and links:


I'd like to add my card to the following challenges:
Crafty Friends - anything goes
A perfect time to craft - anything goes
Artistic Stamper - anything goes
Classic Design Team - anything goes
Crafty Girls - anything goes
Create and Inspire - anything goes
Love to craft - anything goes

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi this is a stunning card it is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Unknown said…
Beautiful card Lou. The design and colours are stunning. Cathy x
Wow beautiful. I love the flowers and stunning colours. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/



This is so pretty Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT Co-Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...
Diane Louise J said…
Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely pretty wreath card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]
Linda said…
Gorgeous card!
Thanks for playing along over at Crafty friends
Linda DTCF
Creaine said…
very nice. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.
Bye, Ine
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
DT for: http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.nl/

Maria Valente said…
How gorgeous! Thanks for entering our challenge at Create & Inspire this month. Hope you join us again for our next challenge.
Maria (DT) scrapsdamaryv.blogspot.pt
A gorgeous creation! thank you so much for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge x
Leslie said…
Love this! Your attention to detail to amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's "August Anything Goes" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, LTCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2
Love To Scrap!