Little Kingdom key holder

When the wonderful Little Kingdom Stamp Soup set were released, I wanted to do several things on the one project ... use my pan pastels, stamp (obviously), use stampbord and paper piece. Well if I'm 100% honest, things morphed and that's why I managed to use/cover so many techniques.



I painted an MDF key shape with gesso and once dry, covered the complete shape in white pearl medium pan pastel. This gave the whole piece a pearlescent look. I then sanded back the edges, exposing the MDF and covered these with the white fine pearl pan pastel. Sadly my photograph do not show 1] the pearlescent shimmer, 2] the distress effect on the edges.


I printed out all the papers from the matching Little Kingdom CD, 4 designs to a page. I began to stamp all the different components of the houses on to the papers and then began randomly piecing the houses back together. It was great fun and can a really random effect. I glued each house in place and then covered the complete key with a layer of Maimeri matt gel medium. I added the hooks and wire hanger as my finishing touches.

The stampbord key ring was made by gluing 2 pieces of stampbord together (from mixed shape pack). On the top layer, I used turquoise blue pan pastel to create the sky. Still using the left over stamped images on the paper, I paper pieced together another house. A bit of doodling around the edge and it was complete. I covered the completed piece with perfect medium and then applied a layer of embossing powder.

I thoroughly enjoyed making this as it was a complete and utter "escape" piece. Yep, I just let my mind escape from the confines of my head, and do it's "own thing" ...

Where have you escaped to on a crafting adventure recent;y?

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



Challenges:
Altered Electics - anything goes
Artistic Stamper - anything goes
Things to alter - anything goes
CD Sunday - shape it up

Comments

Carol said…
Welcome to CD Sunday and with such a woderful creation. Although I don't do 'messy' I admire those who can create with all those different mediums.
Thank you for sharing this with us and we hope to see you again.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT
Wynn said…
Wow and welcome to CD Sunday. Love the inspiring piece of altered MDF......another passion of mine. I don't know this CD but it looks very colourful. A lovely piece of creativity. Thank you for sharing it with us Wynn DT
Jocelyn said…
What a fabulous project. A great shape for our challenge. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT
meg said…
A beautiful imaginative project which would make a great keepsake for someone moving into a new home Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week Meg
Pamela said…
I love your keyholder! I've never heard of the Little Kingdom CD - of to investigate.
Thanks for joining in the challenge.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.
Beutiful project, I have not heard of this CD, certainly one to investigate,
Margaret
CD Sunday DT
cotnob said…
A fabulous set Lou, lovely bright colours and brilliantly designed.
Thank you so much for joining us at CD Sunday.
Pauline
x
Polkadoodles said…
ADORE this Lou, stunning make and am jel of your creativity with Pan Pastels! xxx
Jane Royston said…
A lovely project! I really like the colours you have used, a bright, cheerful piece for any wall. Thanks for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month, Jane (DT) :) X
Chana Malkah said…
This fun and whimsical and very well executed! Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner
Rocky said…
You've managed to link all those things in one cute project, it's lovely. It's so difficult to capture the shine on film, I bet it looks stunning. Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
Love your creation! Thank you for joining in our Creative Challenge at THe Artistic Stamper .